OPS: INTERCEPT | 11.14.2014
NOV 14 2015
SITUATION: The town of Ciudad Castaic has been recently overrun by a well-equipped and well trained narcotics trafficking Cartel, which seized full control of the town and kidnapped the mayor. The Cartel’s recent actions have also put the sole U.S. diplomatic outpost in danger, and have barred the diplomat and his convoy from leaving the occupied town. Local law enforcement has been ineffective at stemming the Cartel’s advance, and many have either fled the area or joined the Cartel.
In an effort to prevent the Cartel from capturing neighboring communities, and to restore order to Ciudad Castaic, the U.S. DEA and Regional Military Forces are planning on launching a joint operation in the coming weeks. The stated objective of this joint operation, named “Operation Intercept”, is to rid the town of the Cartel, and bring peace and stability to the region. Critics, however, point out that the U.S. only showed an interest in the operation once the security of its diplomat was threatened, and feel that the U.S. interests may not fully overlap with that of the people of Ciudad Castaic. Also, the general of the Regional Military has been recently accused of abandoning the town’s mayor to the Cartel because he had made accusations that the general had accepted bribes from the Cartel. Will the U.S. stay in the fight once its diplomat has been rescued? Will the Regional military stand up to the Cartel? Or will the Cartel continue to rule the region with impunity? Only time will tell…
Day of Walk-On $40
Schedule of Events
0700 Gates Open
0730 Registration & Chrono Opens
0830 MANDATORY Safety Brief
0845 Scenario 1 Game Brief
0900 Deployment & Team Leadership Brief
0930-1130 Scenario 1
1130-1200 Lunch Break
1230 Deployment for Scenario 2 & Team Leadership Brief
1300-1500 Scenario 2
1500-1530 Break & Reload
1530 Deployment for Scenario 3 & Team Leadership Brief
1600-1800 Scenario 3
1900 Gates Close
EVENT RULES & UNIFORMS
Team Uniform Requirements
U.S. DEA: MUST wear Multicam or Desert/ Tan pattern uniform top and bottom. Gear, helmets, and accessories DO NOT have to be Multicam, Desert, or Tan. (Multicam, Multicam Arid, ATACS, ACU/ ABU and all other Desert or Tan uniforms are allowed; Multicam Black and Alpine ARE NOT ALLOWED)
REGIONAL MILITARY: Any Woodland or Green/ Olive Drab based camouflage (i.e. M81 Woodland, Woodland MARPAT, AOR2, Multicam Tropic, Ranger Green, Olive Drab etc.). Gear, helmets, and accessories DO NOT have to be Woodland camouflage.
CARTEL: MUST NOT wear any camouflage clothing (no camouflage tops or bottoms). Gear, helmets, and accessories may be camouflage if you have no other alternatives.
We strongly encourage all players to dress the part to further enhance the immersive experience of this operation!
Event Specific Rules
- All airsoft guns that ARE NOT classified as LMGs (e.g. M249, M60, M240, RPK, PKM, etc.) may not fire in full-auto. Only LMGs are allowed to fire in full auto during the event.
- ALL players MUST bring at least one long bandage to the event (e.g. Ace Bandages or cloth tape bandage), measuring at least 2”(in.) in width and 2’(ft.) in length. These bandages should be carried at all times while on the field, as they will be used to “medic” players throughout the game.
- ALL players UNDER the age of 18 MUST WEAR full face protection, whether it is a full face mask or combination of goggles and a lower face mask.
- Team Leaders should be given the same respect as the game referees, and their orders should be followed at all times to improve the balancing and gameplay of the event.
- ALL airsoft guns that ARE NOT bolt/ single action sniper rifles MUST fire below 400 FPS using 0.20g BBs. Our staff will be vigilant about chrono-ing every player’s gun, and will be using our own 0.20g BBs to ensure accuracy. PolarStars and other tank powered airsoft guns must be able to have a tournament lock fixed in place to prevent the velocity from being adjusted during gameplay. NO exceptions will be made to this rule, and no players will be allowed on the field with a gun that doesn’t pass chrono. To prevent any issues, check your gun’s FPS in advance, and (if possible) bring a backup airsoft gun just in case.
- There are NO magazine restrictions, however, due to the fact that most guns will be limited to semi-auto, we strongly encourage players using non-LMG airsoft guns to leave their box magazines at home. The box magazine will just make your rifle more heavy and noisy, so leave the box mags at home unless you have no other alternatives.
- Airsoft sniper rifles ARE ALLOWED at this event, however, they must be single shot BOLT ACTION with a MAXIMUM of 550 FPS (w/ 0.20g BBs). DMR style semi-automatic rifles firing OVER 400 FPS (w/ 0.20g BBs) WILL NOT be allowed.